This is actually a long overdue post.
Two weeks ago, we attended two birthday parties in just one weekend. Janna, Ann’s daughter, celebrated her first birthday at Shakey’s Tomas Morato last May 16 (Saturday). Then the next day, Asher’s cousin Kylie (actually also a Janna because her complete name is Janna Akira Mikaela), celebrated her first birthday too at Mcdonalds in West Avenue. We were so stuffed that weekend with great food, cake and were showered with wonderful goodies for Asher from the two Janna parties. Further, since Asher is a balloon person, just imagine how colorful his Lola’s house was with all the balloons that we brought home.
Asher certainly loved and enjoyed the mascots, only, we had to be distant. He didn’t want us to get near them, moreso, to touch them. He just wanted to look at them from afar.
One thing I love about Asher in gatherings such as these, he can easily warm up with other people especially if he’s in the mood. For instance, at Janna’s party, he smiled every time his Tita Ann greeted him considering it’s their first meeting. At Kylie’s party, he smiled and even made “mano” to relatives very much to their surprise because he certainly knows how to extend his arm and asks for the hand to whom he’ll make mano. He enjoys the loud mood, dancing and doing a head bang even to the blaring music. Since he can walk already, he was all over the place playing with his balloon. He also had a fun time watching and observing the shrieking kids perhaps wanting to join and play with them. He was dead tired though and fell asleep by the time the games were about to start. But he was awakened a few minutes later so he can watch and we were even able to participate in the bring me game.
Here are some snapshots of the two parties:
Janna’s PartyCelebration | Comment (1)
So before I totally forget completely about this so-called “main blog” of mine while the rest of my sub-blogs have new feeds to fill your Google Reader or Bloglines, I’m going to share a summary of how my week has been. I’ll try to blog more about them and discuss in separate entries when time permits and of course, I still have a few pending “To Blog” entries list left from last week which I’ll really try to prioritize hopefully tomorrow.
1. Green Machine’s conking out and its unbudgeted expense.
2. Hubby’s employer announcement that they’re cutting back on their employees’ bonuses and incentives. Sheesh…less savings for the “mansion project”.
3. Hubby and their project’s move in to Cybergate last Monday. It’s farther from home, more transpo costs, more travelling time, needs to depart earlier from home to avoid traffic, arrives home a few minutes later because of traffic too….less bonding time with Asher.
4. One of my newly acquired online homes getting hit by the latest G update.
5. Asher getting sick - diarrhea and vomiting.
6. Missing the twitter bebots meetup at MOA yesterday because of number 5.
Arrrghh. unfortunately, my week was not that good. I need to buy the best eye creams out there to cover the wrinkles that seemingly appeared because of these unfortunate happenings. But then I don’t want to dwell on these negative things and instead, I’m trying to look at the brighter side.
Hoping for a better week ahead.Filed under Simply Me | Comment (0)
I was supposed to do a long overdue post but I’m delaying it again on some other day because I have to watch Asher closely now. He has vomited three times since lunch time and passed out soft, semi-watery poop this noon. I called his Pediatrician a while ago and I was told to give him ORS every feeding and every after vomiting episodes to keep him hydrated at all times. I also have to lessen his milk intake for the mean time so as not to induce or aggravate his vomiting.
Luckily, his appetite started to pick up this evening. Earlier, he refused to eat his solids. He gladly gulped down though his formula (which he threw up a few minutes after), water and my milk. If not clinging to me, he’s his usual old likot self, tinkering the hamper, the mineral water containers and dancing to his fave TV commercial jingles. Hopefully, a fever won’t develop and he’ll get better this evening. If not, I’ll have him checked tomorrow and undergo urinalysis, as per advise of his doctor.
To my twitter friends-slash-prayer warriors, let’s all extend our hands virtually over Asher and say “gagaling-gagaling!”. Waaah! I really want to see and join you guys tomorrow for our yet another kalakal meet up at MOA.Filed under All About Baby A | Comment (0)
Litzie and I were having a sort of mini-chat session at Kathy’s flickr shot of the Avent bottles she ordered recently. Our exchange of comments led to other interesting topics like scoliosis (of which I have) and even hayden kho’s videos. It’s just hilarious because no matter what topic and where our stories lead us, we always try to relate it to the original one which is the feeding bottle. A good laugh indeed and just what I need this morning to amuse my moody self.
Anyway, speaking of scoliosis, I suddenly remembered about my dextroscoliosis and I wonder how bad it is now or has it got better. Dextroscoliosis is a type where the curvature of the lower spine is towards to the right. I am not exactly sure when did I start to have this as I learned about it just when I had my pre-employment exam at Globe Telecom. I then realized that I could have acquired during my stint with Contactpoint wherein I didn’t have a comfy and ergonomic work station. My table and chair weren’t correctly aligned so for a year, I’m seated with a tilted body facing to the right. Ever since, I occasionally experience lower back pains but I thought it’s just attributed to pre-menstrual symptoms or just exhaustion and stress. I didn’t know that it’s something else. Anyway, the doctor said that it’s nothing serious and it can still be treated through exercise and practicing good posture at all times. Using a good mattress is also necessary because it could make it worse if it’s too soft or too hard. He suggested the use of a sleep number bed. We have tried looking for one before but unfortunately, the local ones available are just so pricey. I should have scoured and ordered online. About the exercise thing, well, that I think is where I’m going to fail. I just hope that it hasn’t got worse in the past years. Hehe!Filed under Health Talks., Simply Me | Comment (0)
And so it’s been exactly five days since I last blogged in here. Looking at my To Blog list last week, there’s one post that was left unaccomplished still…well as always, I have some excuses to make. Actually, this goes to the husband who questioned me over dinner why he hasn’t read any updates here still. So here goes why:
1. I’ve been busy setting up two new online nooks since last week. Yes, I’m really serious in taking steps towards that “big goal” referring to my previous post.
2. My internet connection is going bonkers again since this afternoon.
3. I finished another Asher’s Party Photobook spread this afternoon. Since I’m totally disconnected from the online world, might as well put my spare time to productive use. And with that, I’m patting my back for reaching the halfway mark. Just 50% to go, then it’s up for ordering at Artscow.
4. I’ve been tasked with several reviews lately that requires deep thoughts. Among them are Colonix reviews. Some more research works are on my to do list and I actually wonder if I’ll be able to finish them before they’re due.
5. Yesterday, I was also out in the afternoon to do some errands for my sister. She’s due to give birth anytime and we’re rushing the travelling documents of our Mom who’s going to be her doula in Qatar. I submitted Mom’s documents to Wide Wide World Express for the processing of her Qatar visit visa certification. Hopefully, by early next week, the passport will be sent back to us then Mom is scheduled for a June 6 flight. I just hope my niece, Leela, will wait for her grandma before she decides to come out so my sister won’t have a tough time nursing a newborn while recuperating from delivery. Just a few weeks to go, Asher will have his first maternal first degree cousin. We’re all so excited for another addition to the Toralba clan.
So there..I’m actually crossing my fingers now and is hoping that this entry gets published without a glitch. Meanwhile, tata for now.Filed under Blogging Life., Family Talks., Simply Me | Comment (0)