I have so much in my To Buy List for Ashley that I really wish that my online earnings get credited soon. I enjoy my freelance online work but the fix 15th & 30th payday is what I miss most about working in the corporate world.
The greatest thing about second pregnancies is that you don’t need to buy a lot of new baby stuff since most of the firstborn’s essentials can be handed down and used by the next sibling. I’ve made a checklist of the things Ashley will be needing and so far here are the items that need to be covered:
1. Cloth Diapers – Asher is still using his cloth diapers as “pamunas” for his sweat so it’s imperative that we buy new sets for the little girl.
2. Swaddle Wrap – During Asher’s newborn days, his startle reflex was so intense that he’d easily wake up upon the slightest sound or noise. I’ve read that swaddling the baby addresses this issue. Besides, it’ll be colder by the time Ashley is born so there’s no hesitation or thoughts that it might make her feel hot.
3. A few girlie Newborn onesies – Obviously, she can’t expect any hand me down non-unisex clothing from her Kuya. But we’ll not be splurging on this since she’s expecting naman a lot of hand me down clothes from her cousin, ate Lauren and as per our experience, she’ll surely receive lots as gifts on her Christening and Christmas.
4. Breastpump – I’ve also read that just like the feeding bottles, the breastpump is among the baby essentials that should be bought new for every baby for sanitation reasons. But since I’m just working at home now so there’s no need to stock much breastmilk or I’ll just be using when there’s a need to relieve an engorged breast, a cheaper but quality brand will do. I’d still prefer though an electric or battery-operated one.
5. Breastfeeding tops, nursing bras, breast pads – These are the things that I regret not investing on during Asher’s time. I’m looking into ordering a few pieces similar to these ones from Tiny Tots. I’m still canvassing for more stylish designs from other brands/stores. If you know of other online stores, inform me please.
6. Sterilizer – Asher’s Pigeon Steam Sterilizer broke down last year so we’re looking into buying perhaps the same brand and hopefully the same model or an upgrade model but with the same affordable price range (Php 3K+).
7. This Fisher Price Swing we saw at Toy Town Eastwood Mall (or a Baby Rocker)– The last time we checked it’s on a clearance sale for just Php 3K+ (50% off). Hopefully, there are still stocks left when we come back.
8. Umbroller – Asher’s umbroller showed signs of impending slits and tear on the clothing so it won’t be safe anymore to pass it on and use. But since Ashley won’t be needing this so soon, we can postpone buying until her 6th month or when she can already support her head.
I’m in love with this Bugaboo stroller. So chic and trendy and perfect for a baby girl! But nakakalula ang price!
I like this one from Chicco. I hope to see one in the upcoming SM Baby Company Great Baby Sale next month. The price is less cheaper too compared to other models and brands I see in malls.
9. Diaper Bag Organizer – Asher was gifted 2 Baby Couture Diaper Bags before so Ashley will get to use those since they’re still in pretty good condition. I just need to buy diaper bag organizer similar to this one:
or this one I found on the web:
10. Saya Baby Carriers
11. Prokids, Huggies or Pampers Newborn Diapers
12. Grooming Kit
13. Baby Toiletries: Desitin Diaper Cream, Johnson’s Baby Milk Bath Shampoo, Baby Oil
Glad we won’t be buying anymore a crib (we will be co-sleeping), a playpen (she can use Asher’s), diaper bags, stroller, Avent Feeding Bottles (I’ve already ordered from the US where it’s cheaper), baby beddings, nursing cover & nursing pillow (I’ll use my old one), bath tub and other essential newborn outfits.